Sterile Instruments Guidelines
Sterilization is a process used to eliminate microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi, and viruses. Sterilization saves from infections, which can be caused while interacting with different types of patients. Sterilizing the instruments is a good practice because these instruments are used frequently. Method to Clean and Sterilize It should be made sure by all the hospitals those who use sterilize instruments. Use the sterilize instruments in either its major or minor treatment. Tools once used should be placed separately, clean the instruments then, and adequately sterilize them after the sterilization packs them individually and makes them ready for the next treatment. It will save the devices from reasons which cause infection. What if Instruments are not sterilized: Using non-sterilize instruments are very dangerous for both the doctor and the patient. The microorganisms, if not properly clean and sterilize, and the tool is used on other patients, there is a chance of transferring a microorganism to other patients. This could be a dangerous situation.
- If the surgical instruments are not free from the microorganism.
- If the staff members do not wash their hands before and after the treatment.
- The material used on wounds is not free from microorganisms.
- The contaminated waste is not disposed of.
- Contaminated food
- Cleaning, Disinfection and Drying: